“I love reading my Tactical Edge, the best law enforcement journal around. It’s second to none!”
The Tactical Edge
Widely considered the leading authority in tactical operations information, The Tactical Edge reaches approximately 50,000 law enforcement officers from more than 16,000 agencies and divisions in both digital and print. For more than 35 years, our award-winning journal has been on the forefront of law enforcement publications, featuring lifesaving information from a legion of seasoned experts. Articles focus on current tactical and patrol topics as well as a section on crisis negotiation.
Place your company’s message in our highly-esteemed publication and become a part of the trustworthy image NTOA imparts through publishing training and library resources. To download our media kit, click here
The NTOA welcomes submissions from current members and selected non-members. Authors should follow the following guidelines:
- Please submit an original manuscript in electronic format via email to email@example.com. Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word as an email attachment. Complete contact information should be provided, including mailing address, law enforcement affiliation and daytime phone.
- Must include a recent head-and-shoulder photo of the author and brief biographical sketch of law enforcement background
- All articles are submitted to multi-stage peer review by NTOA subject-matter experts before approval for publication. This process, along with the need to evaluate space and schedule, can take several weeks. Manuscripts not selected for publication will receive notice without criticism or comment.
- The NTOA reserves the right to edit manuscripts. These edits could include changes to clarify the story, improve the writing, trim the length or ensure that an article meets our stylistic guidelines found in the Associated Press Stylebook and Chicago Manual of Style.
- Articles should be written in third-person narrative, (First-person narrative will be considered at editor’s discretion.)
- Digital photos are required. The NTOA reserves the right to crop photos. All photos must include captions keyed to photo file name.
Articles should be sent to the Editor