NTOA Sections play a critical role in facilitating discussions, researching current issues and developing recommendations for the board of directors on contemporary and emerging trends in law enforcement special operations. NTOA sections are comprised of practicing subject matter experts and led by a section chair and vice chair. Section chairs report directly to the NTOA executive director.
The NTOA is now accepting applications for the following section chair positions:
• Multi-Jurisdictional Teams
• Physical Fitness
Section chairs are expected to perform the following duties during their two-year term:
1. Maintain currency within designated disciplines.
2. Act as a point of contact for NTOA members seeking advice or information on matters related to that discipline.
3. Provide information and/or recommendations on subject matter within their discipline to the board of directors for its consideration/disposition.
4. Provide to the executive director and board of directors topics that may be discussed in quarterly newsletters and The Tactical Edge magazine.
5. Submit a minimum of one article per year for publication in The Tactical Edge.
6. In addition to submitting one article, the section chair shall solicit and obtain a minimum of one article per year for publication in The Tactical Edge from another author in that field.
7. Attend association board of directors meetings when requested.
8. Provide a written report summarizing section activities to the executive director by Sept. 1 each year. Reports will be reviewed by the board of directors at its annual meeting.
The ideal candidate for a section chair position should have at least five years in an assignment specifically related to the section field; have authored articles or white papers on the subject; and possess exemplary verbal and written communication skills in order to manage meetings, develop documents and communicate messages.
If you are interested and believe you are qualified for any of these positions, please go to ntoa.org/sectionsapp and complete the online application. The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2018.