“I love reading my Tactical Edge, the best law enforcement journal around. It’s second to none!”Capt. Juan B.
The Tactical Edge
Widely considered the leading authority in tactical operations information, The Tactical Edge reaches approximately 50,000 law enforcement officers from more than 16,000 agencies and divisions in both digital and print. For more than 35 years, our award-winning journal has been on the forefront of law enforcement publications, featuring lifesaving information from a legion of seasoned experts. Articles focus on current tactical and patrol topics as well as a section on crisis negotiation.
Place your company’s message in our highly-esteemed publication and become a part of the trustworthy image NTOA imparts through publishing training and library resources. To download our media kit, click here
The NTOA welcomes submissions from current members and selected non-members. Authors should follow the following guidelines:
- Please submit an original manuscript in electronic format, faxes will not be accepted. Complete contact information should be provided, including law enforcement affiliation, daytime phone and e-mail address
- Articles should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as email attachments in Microsoft Word. Please include a recent head-and-shoulder photo of the author and brief biographical sketch of law enforcement background
- All articles are peer reviewed by NTOA subject-matter experts before approval for publication
- The NTOA reserves the right to edit manuscripts. These edits could include changes to clarify the story, improve the writing, trim the length or ensure that an article meets our stylistic guidelines found in the Associated Press Stylebook and Chicago Manual of Style.
- Articles should be written in third-person narrative, (First-person narrative will be considered at editor’s discretion.)
- Digital photos are preferred, but color prints are acceptable. The NTOA reserves the right to crop photos. All photos must include captions keyed to photo file name.
Articles should be sent to the Editor