The NTOA is now accepting applications for a Tactical Emergency Medical Support (TEMS) Section Chair.
NTOA Sections play a critical role in facilitating discussions, researching current issues and developing recommendations for the board of directors on contemporary and emerging trends in law enforcement. NTOA sections are comprised of practicing subject matter experts and led by a section chair and vice chair. Section Chairs report directly to the NTOA executive director.
Section Chairs must hold an active “individual” membership with the NTOA, which will be provided by the NTOA while holding the position.
Section Chairs are expected to perform the following duties during their two-year term:
- Maintain currency within designated disciplines.
- Act as a point of contact for NTOA members seeking advice or information on matters related to that discipline.
- Provide information and/or recommendations on subject matter within their discipline to the board of directors for its consideration/disposition.
- Provide to the executive director and board of directors topics that may be discussed in quarterly newsletters and The Tactical Edge magazine.
- Submit a minimum of one article per year for publication in The Tactical Edge.
- In addition to submitting one article, the section chair shall solicit and obtain a minimum of one article per year for publication in The Tactical Edge from another author in that field.
- Attend association board of directors meetings when requested.
- Provide a written report summarizing section.
Applicants should provide a cover letter expressing interest and qualifications, along with a resume, to email@example.com. The application deadline is February 15, 2020.